Now Hiring – Personal Injury Paralegal / Legal Assistant
Irons & Irons, P.A. is a law firm located in Greenville, NC handling personal injury and medical malpractice cases. We provide our clients with the highest level of personal service and individual attention.
Our growing firm is seeking an organized and customer service-focused Legal Assistant who will be responsible for communicating with clients, keeping documentation and client files updated, and assisting personal injury Case Managers and Paralegals to ensure clients receive exceptional client service.
Our ideal candidate has a minimum of 2 years’ customer service experience. You should also enjoy working independently as well as with a team, have excellent attention to detail, and you are a self-starter. If you also speak Spanish, even better! But above all else, you must enjoy helping people as that is the purpose of this position.
We value our staff and offer*:
- Employer paid health insurance
- Bonus potential
- Paid time off
- Closed for major holidays
*Waiting period applies. Subject to change without notice.
- Proactively communicating with clients to keep them updated on the progress of their case and documenting all conversations.
- Serving as a backup for client calls when the Case Manager/Paralegal is not available to take the call.
- Providing exceptional customer service to our clients.
- Assisting the lead Case Manager/Paralegal with a high volume of cases.
- Keeping case files updated on client medical treatment and processing provider referrals to specialists.
- Confirming all available coverage limits and liability positions within 30 days of the file being opened.
- Escalating any notifications of denials to the department supervisor for review and further action.
- Moving physical files to other departments within the office.
- General office duties such as scanning, attaching, and data entry.
- If bilingual, may also assist with translating for Spanish-speaking clients.
- 2+ years’ customer service experience
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Prior experience with Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat software
- Legal industry knowledge preferred
- Well organized, efficient and able to prioritize tasks accordingly
Salary commensurate with experience.
To apply for this opportunity please submit a detailed resume as well as a cover letter telling us why you are searching for a position and why you are the best candidate. You are also requested to complete the Indeed skill assessments that will be sent to you.
Emails sent directly to the firm and phone call applications will not be accepted. No agencies please.
Only those candidates being considered will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $25,000.00 – $31,000.00 per year