Automobile Accident Frequently Asked Questions

What should I do if I have been in an automobile accident?

If you are taken by ambulance from the scene, do not resist.  Medical attention is needed.

If you are not taken by ambulance, you should seek medical attention by getting the earliest appointment with your physician or going to an urgent care or emergency room.

It is very important that all injuries are documented and appropriate medical attention is sought by the injured.

If you do not seek medical attention and did sustain injuries, insurance providers will claim you were not injured or that the injuries were insignificant.  Many people hope that the pain they feel will go away with time.  This is a mistake because it gives the insurance companies an excuse to minimize your claims of injuries.

How soon do I need to contact an attorney after I have been injured in an automobile accident?

After seeking the medical attention that you need, you should immediately contact an attorney.  Seeking an attorney quickly is vital so the insurance companies will not have time to take advantage of you.  Insurance companies will try and contact you to obtain statements and minimize the claim.  Having an attorney will prevent this from happening.

The legal team at Irons & Irons, P.A. can assist you during this time.  The consultations are free and will begin work on the case without delay.

I have been in an accident but feel fine.  What should I do?

It is always advisable to seek medical attention after an accident even when you feel okay.  Some symptoms such as stiffness, numbness, and pain do not effect on the body for hours or days after the incident.

Waiting for treatment is a bad idea both for your health and for obtaining a suitable settlement in your case.